Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Baby Love

It's been several months since I first visited the public teaching hospital in Tegucigalpa with my good friend and co-worker, Gaby. She has started a powerful ministry delivering much-needed baby items to moms and their families in the maternity and children's wards. Ever since I first shared the photos of our morning together at the hospital, this ministry has managed to capture the heart of the ladies in my family. And they've taken action!

Check out these photos of a recent get-together at my grandmother's house where she and other members of her church gathered to sort and pack all the baby items they've collected, many of them handmade.








I am so proud of my mom for introducing this project to her sphere of influence and coordinating a response. She, my grandmother, my aunt and their friends have answered a call placed on their hearts and have sacrificially given of their time, talents and resources to show the love of Christ. I am humbled to be part of this incredible family.

A special thanks to Calvary Full Gospel Church in Rockaway Beach, Missouri for taking on this project. Thanks also to the Umbaugh family for coordinating shipping to Honduras. And, of course, thank you to Gaby Umbaugh for using her unique gifts and passions to glorify God in Honduras.

See photos of my mom's own visit to the hospital here!

It's not too late! This project needs funds, donations and people willing to coordinate efforts in the States. If you would like to be part of the "My First Warm Christmas" baby project, let us know!

No comments: